|A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.|
A tramp with toothbrush mustache, undersized bowler hat and bamboo cane who struggled to survive while keeping his dignity in a world with great social injustice.Highly descriptive facial expressions, which made world laugh ,cry and made happy for decades, who can he be none other than Sir Charlie Chaplin, on his 122nd birth day I wish the world an infinite smiles on every ones face and being in good mood and moral .Here is brief trivia , and few quotes by Charlie Chaplin.
|The world always looks brighter from behind a smile.|
Sir Charles Spencer "Charlie" Chaplin, born 16 April in 1889 – Died on Christmas day at his siwss residency, 25 December, 1977
• He became one of the most famous film stars in the world before the end of World War I. Chaplin used mime, slapstick & other visual comedy routines, and continued well into the era of the talkies.
• His most famous role was that of The Tramp, which he first played in the Keystone comedy Kid Auto Races at Venice in 1914.
• From the April 1914 one-reeler Twenty Minutes of Love onwards he was writing and directing most of his films, by 1916 he was also producing them, and from 1918 he was even composing the music .
• With Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks and D. W. Griffith, he co-founded United Artists in 1919.
• In 1999, the American Film Institute ranked Chaplin the 10th greatest male screen legend of all time.
• In 1915, he burst onto a war-torn world bringing it the gift of comedy, laughter and relief while it was tearing itself apart through World War I. Over the next 25 years, through the Great Depression and the rise of Adolf Hitler, he stayed on the job.
• It is doubtful any individual has ever given more entertainment, pleasure and relief to so many human beings when they needed it the most.
• He was born four days before Adolf Hitler, in 1889. He had bright blue eyes.
• In 1925, he was the first actor to appear on the cover of Time magazine.
• At the height of his popularity, he failed to win a Charlie Chaplin look-a-like contest.
• His imprints were removed (and subsequently lost) from the Hollywood walk of fame because of his suspected communist views.
• Although Adolf Hitler despised Chaplin, he was aware of his popularity, and grew the Chaplin mustache to endear himself to the people.
• He never became a U.S. citizen.
• He composed about 500 melodies, including Smile.
• The last film he saw, in 1976, was Rocky.
• In 1978, his dead body was stolen for over two months. When it was recovered, it was re-buried in a vault encased in cement.
• Charlie Chaplin had 12 Children from 4 wives.
• He was 29 years old when he wed Mildred Harris; she was 17.
He was 35 years old when he wed Lita Grey; Lita was 16.
He was 47 years old when he wed Paulette Goddard; Paulette was 26.
He was 54 years old when he wed Oona O'Neill (Oona Chaplin); Oona was 17.
|Everyone smiles in the same language.|
Charlie Chaplin quotes...
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." — Charlie Chaplin
"You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" — Charlie Chaplin
"I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying." — Charlie Chaplin
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles." — Charlie Chaplin
"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself" — Charlie Chaplin
"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk." — Charlie Chaplin
"To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it." — Charlie Chaplin
"In the end, everything is a gag." — Charlie Chaplin
"That's the trouble with the world. We all despise ourselves." — Charlie Chaplin
"In the light of our egos, we are all dethroned monarchs" — Charlie Chaplin
"What do you want meaning for? Life is desire, not meaning." — Charlie Chaplin
|If you don't have a smile, I'll give you one of mine.|